Thursday, March 5, 2015

GREY... MY FAVORITE NEUTRAL




  
I have obsessed over the entire spectrum of "brown" for about eight years, never giving grey much thought. Then, in a daring moment, I painted my mudroom a robust deep "stormy weather" and was completely surprised by how much I loved it.  My house has become a monochromatic array of grey


What I truly love is how wonderfully color plays against this backdrop... the deep hues of orange and umber, the crisp of red and more recently the combination of grey and soft turquoise.

There is a blog that I look at quite often. I'm sure many of you are aware of "Dear Lillie"  I love the way she uses grey as her neutral and then adds color.  Its so easy on the eyes!



The formula is simple...
GREY + BLACK + WHITE + COLOR 
Its worth a look...




No comments:

Post a Comment