Sunday, August 3, 2014

BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY


When my youngest son left to spend two years in the Phillipines as a missionary he was so excited that he didn't even look back. 

Then a couple of months before his homecoming I heard this song. The lyrics resonated in me.  







As hard as it is to let adult children go, setting them free insures that when they do return... its because they want to!


HOMEWARD BOUND
by Marta Keene

In the quiet misty morning
When the moon has gone to bed
When the sparrows stop their singing,
And the sky is clear and red,

When the summer's ceased its gleaming,
When the corn is past its prime,
When adventure's lost its meaning,
I'll be homeward bound in time,

Bind me not, to the pasture,
Chain me not to the plow,
Set me free to find my calling,
And I'll return to you somehow





One of my 5 favorite books of all time. Reading this will change your perspective on life!

No comments:

Post a Comment