Thursday, August 28, 2014

I WANT TO DANCE IN THE MOONLIGHT!


I have always been a "good girl" an obedient child, who got good grades, practiced my piano and was clueless about Woodstock and Haight Ashbury even in the middle of the 60's

I graduated from college, taught second grade, got married had six babies, and devoted myself to my family. I am a self proclaimed "homebody" who passed up many adventures because I wouldn't leave my children. I have no regrets about that, but TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

The other night my youngest daughter took me to Costco.  What a fun place. She talked me into buying a little bottle of pesto, something I had never tasted. When I got home I opened the jar and took a whiff. It was so robust and dense. I wasn't exactly sure what I would do with it but the delicious aroma gave me this overwhelming feeling that I wanted something new... not the road less traveled but a road I've never set foot on.

I laid in bed that night thinking of all the things I wished I could do with my life...



I want to take a cruise to Alaska and then travel the scenic route by train across Canada. 

* I want to bicycle through Vermont in the Fall and return to watch the tapping of the Maple Trees in the Spring.

*I want to live in an orange house.




* I want to visit Nantucket and buy a hat from Peter Beatons.

* I no longer want to eat... I want to "dine" on the freshest and most delicious food I can find.  No more meatloaf and mashed potatoes, I want something new, maybe sushi. 

* I want to visit Lake Placid, the Appalachian Trail, and tour the Southern homes in Savannah.

* I want to get my masters degree in English Literature.



* I want to sit in Central Park and watch "Pale Male" swoop through the trees.

* I want to work from home in my pajamas.

*I want to LAUGH every day.





* I want to fall in LOVE.



And... I want to dance in the moonlight like Isadora Duncan, with only a long silk scarf to cover my nakedness. 


I WANT TO FEEL ALIVE!  


Wow, that was quite a bottle of pesto!

No comments:

Post a Comment