Saturday, January 18, 2014

WHERE TO BEGIN ....

IN MY CLOSET!  It was full of clothes I couldn't wear. Removing them was like watching a fashion parade of the last 25 years of my life. At this point I was three years from being "suddenly single" but something inside knew it was finally time for a change. Not a drop fifteen pounds and feel better kind of change, but a real, let's peel back the layers and see if I'm still in there, kind of change.

I tossed almost everything, pants with "pleats" in the front, prairie skirts with elastic waistbands, sweatshirts that fit but were stained ... all of it.  The memories came clinging to the clothes, some good and some painful. I wasn't just tossing outdated jeans and t-shirts, I was purging my past. I was making a new start and I NEEDED to be phsyically ready.



I was left with a couple of pair of sweat pants, a sweatshirt, one white tee shirt and one "dress." It was a Coldwater Creek, soft sage linen jumper with a purple dragonfly embroideried on the bodice in a size 1X  It was saved because it was the only thing that fit. 

Driving away from the Deseret Industries (our local donation center) I felt giddy... change was definitely on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment