Wednesday, April 9, 2014


I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THE RAIN...
who knew there was a name for that


I have always loved the rain. Lying beneath all my quilts at night and listening to it beat against the windows and the roof is one of my favorite things. My youngest daughter once lived in an apartment that had a tin roof. What a wonderful sound that made. 

A friend of mine posted this on facebook... who knew there was a name for people who love the rain

Visiting Seattle for the first time last summer gave me a new perspective on the word pluviophile. It rains a lot there and its cold. I think I'm a occational pluviophile.

  SEATTLE RAIN BY IRIS SCOTT

I had a friend that went shopping everytime it rained. "I'm from the Northwest" she said, "You can't let the rain stop you... just take your umbrella and go!"

She was made of hardy stuff. 

 
Home in the rocky mountains, my favorite rain is in the summer and autumn. Its the best when there's  lightning and thunder thrown in the mix. I can sit on my porch and feel safe and still have a front row seat for all the drama.  























A couple of summers ago I was staying in a cabin outside of Jackson Hole. It had been such a wet Spring that the river was too swollen and treacherous to raft so we spent the day wandering around, shopping, eating and acting like tourists.  At one point everyone went on a stagecoach ride except for me. I stayed with the dog. Sitting in the park it began to lightly sprinkle. Oh the smell and the cool air... it was heavenly.  It wasn't long after everyone had returned that it became a downpour.  It left us sequestered in the car for nearly 20 minutes. It was mother nature at her best!



I love the rain, it clears the air, makes everything fresh and is perfect for kissing, dancing and singing!


"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... its about learning to dance in the rain."






No comments:

Post a Comment