Monday, April 7, 2014

SPRING BREAK... SPRING CLEANING
Its time to get to work!

   
You would think because its Spring Break I would be going to some exotic place. Actually I'm only going as far as my walk in pantry, at least for day one. While I was recovering from my surgery I ate whatever anyone brought me and I was glad for it. I never gave my pantry a second thought. When I did finally venture downstairs I was shocked. Pretty much a "bomb" had gone off in there!!!!


All the grocery items were stuffed "willy nilly" everywhere, a 50 lb bag of dog food had been added (I have a "granddog" that visits occationally) and a HUGE box of paper goods was sitting on the floor, (my middle daughter's gentle way of saying we don't always have to eat off of the good dishes and no one wants to wash them)  

I'm back and this little room is getting a deep cleaning.  So excited I may not sleep tonight.







Try this simple recipe. It will make your house smell heavenly.
One lemon sliced
3 tsp vanilla
a few sprigs of rosemary
Cover with water and simmer.

"Cleanliness is next to Godliness"


Some attribute this saying to the Bible but its actually not there. The first reference goes back to Sir Francis Bacon who said it in a slightly different way... "Cleanliness of the body is deemed a reverence toward God." Then two centuries later John Wesley wrote, "Slovenliness is no part of religion, cleanliness is indeed next to Godliness."  The Amish use it, the Hebrews claim it, and I use to say it to my kids when it was time to clean house.  They just rolled their eyes and grumbled...  I laughed :)













Be sure to check out...
Click on the link for instructions on receiving a discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment